It’s not really that hard to tell whether your air conditioning system is in need of repair. However, inexperienced homeowners might not have all the information they need to tell whether repairs are needed. When in doubt about the need for air conditioner repair, you may contact your local HVAC contractor for assistance.
Here are easy ways to tell whether air conditioner repair is needed or not
- No cool air – the most obvious sign that you can find is the absence of cool air. Air conditioning units do only one job and that’s to provide you with cool, comforting air. There could be a number of reasons why your AC unit would fail to do its job. First, it could be due to faulty thermostat settings. Second, it could be a problem with your compressor. Another reason is a refrigerant leak. As you may already have noticed by now, you would need the assistance of an HVAC contractor if the issue spans beyond just faulty thermostat settings.
- Poor airflow – HVAC systems deal with conveying cold or warm air throughout the house. When you notice that there is poor airflow, it could be due to a number of reasons. A dirty air filter is often the cause of the problem. You basically don’t need to have a North Myrtle Beach air conditioner repair if it’s just a dirty air filter that’s impeding the airflow. Other than air filter issues, you should contact your HVAC contractor for a complete diagnosis of the system.
- Thermostat issues – sometimes, it’s not just the settings that is the problem. There are instances where the issue is the thermostat itself. If you notice that your thermostat is acting strange or does not behave well, you should contact your contractor and have it replaced.
- Strange sounds – air conditioning systems don’t really produce that much noise other than the fan sounds when you crank up the system. When you hear banging, squeaky, or grinding noises, you should call in a professional to come and take a look at it. You’re lucky if the problem was caused by a loose bolt. However, there will be instances wherein the problem is a lot worse. This is why strange noises should be dealt with immediately along with annual HVAC maintenance to avoid costly repairs in the future.
- Strange odors – when the air conditioner is running, you shouldn’t be able to smell anything coming from it. If you do smell some funky odors coming from the air conditioning, it’s a clear indicator that something is wrong. Often times, this happens due to dirty coils. When condensation happens within the coils, there’s a tendency that dust and other airborne debris gets stuck. Over time, this process is repeated which ultimately leads to blocked condenser coils. This then causes the stench that you often smell. Luckily, this can be easily resolved through cleaning. Avoid skipping cleaning schedules for your AC unit. This causes dirt accumulation which causes a bunch of issues. Also, be sure you hire only the right people like NMB HVAC Pros.
Call NMB HVAC Pros if you need expert help in installing, repairing, or maintaining your HVAC system.
NMB HVAC Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582