Your HVAC system will be bound for repairs sooner or later. It’s not a question of ‘if’ but a matter of when. Even with enough maintenance, you will be needing HVAC repair. However, repairs will be more likely to happen with older units. Owners of newer HVAC systems don’t need to worry about anything for the meantime. If you’ve been using an HVAC system in your home for a long time, then you probably understand by now that HVAC systems don’t last forever. They will encounter issues as time goes by. However, it’s not something to be afraid of. Keeping your HVAC unit in working condition is just a matter of knowing the basic issues and how to prevent them later on.
HVAC issues homeowners normally encounter
- Lack of regular maintenance – the last thing that you would want to forget when it comes to your HVAC system is regular maintenance. Without following a schedule for maintaining your HVAC system, you will likely encounter issues sooner, especially if you use the system more often.
- Dirty filters – it’s a common thing to have dirty filters. Replacing them regularly is another thing. It is not something that would call for an HVAC repair North Myrtle Beach, but could cause serious issues down the road if replacing filters is often forgotten.
- Thermostat malfunction – there are numerous causes for thermostat malfunction. Most of the time, the problem stems from faulty batteries. If it’s not the batteries, it could be the settings. If it’s not both, you should consult your HVAC contractor right away.
- Normal wear and tear – even with enough maintenance, your HVAC system would still encounter issues due to everyday use. Belts, bearing, and other mechanical parts that constantly move will wear out and will require repair or replacement.
- Constantly tripping breakers – you would definitely know that there’s a problem with your HVAC system if the breaker frequently trips. This could mean that the unit is overworking. This could be caused by dirty air filters. If the filters are not the culprit, it could be something else entirely. It would be best to consult your HVAC contractor for such cases.
- Dirty evaporator coils / condenser – most likely, this problem could is due to the lack of maintenance. There’s not that many explanations as to how evaporator coils and condensers get so dirty that the system gets affected. Normal use will accumulate some dirt on these parts but with regular maintenance, the dirt should be minimized, if not removed.
- Constantly running blower – don’t be so quick to call your local HVAC expert when you have this problem. Chances are, there’s a problem with your thermostat setting. The ‘fan’ button is easily pressed on by mistake, which causes this problem. You can turn the fan off or set it to auto. Check to see if that works. If not, you can give your HVAC expert a call. Experts like NMB HVAC Pros have a long history of servicing HVAC system and they know how to properly diagnose your HVAC system and provide thorough repairs.
Call NMB HVAC Pros if you are looking for a credible HVAC repair company.
NMB HVAC Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582