Your air conditioning unit is your refuge during the scorching heat of summer. However, your air conditioning unit will need some maintenance. But what happens if the AC does not get any much-needed attention? Since your air conditioning unit is dealing with air and heat transfer, it will require frequent maintenance than other home appliances you may have. If you don’t get enough maintenance for your AC, you will likely end up calling an HVAC contractor for air conditioner repair. Here are some things that would happen to your air conditioning unit if it is not taken cared of properly:
Always call an HVAC contractor for proper AC maintenance
- Frequent breakdowns – this part is a no-brainer. Without proper maintenance, your air conditioning unit is bound to break down more frequently than it should. In general, air conditioning units could last for a few months without cleaning or maintenance. However, if no preventive maintenance is done, the AC unit starts to experience problems and this would often occur until maintenance is done.
- Declining efficiency – the efficiency of your air conditioning unit will drop significantly when it has not been cleaned for a long time. Most often, AC maintenance mainly comprises of cleaning. Majority of the parts of an air conditioning unit are built to last. However, the filter, condenser, and evaporator will need to be cleaned regularly. These are the parts that do most of the cooling action. When either one of these three components get blocked by dirt or debris, the cooling capacity of your air conditioner is greatly reduced.
- Poor indoor air quality – have you noticed a particular smell inside your room? That may be because your air conditioner has not been cleaned for a while. A dirty AC unit means poor indoor air quality and you can definitely smell it.
- Problematic ductwork – dirt can be a problem with any home appliance. However, it has twice more impact on air conditioning units. As the AC unit sucks in air and draws heat from the room, it also attracts dirt and debris. This means the ducts will be exposed to dirt and some of that dirt gets trapped. This cycle happens over and over until the ducts start to degrade and fail. In case the ducts fail, you will need air conditioner repair in North Myrtle Beach.
- Shortened lifespan – as the problems with your air conditioner accumulate, the expected lifespan of the unit greatly decreases. This mainly happens because the system is overworked without providing sufficient amounts of cooling. This is due to the lack of maintenance. On the other hand, all of this could be averted if the AC unit is maintained by an HVAC contractor.
Professional HVAC contractors like NMB HVAC Pros can repair anything related to air conditioning units. They can also handle all sorts of repairs and maintenance as well. If you’re looking to improve the efficiency of your air conditioner, maybe it’s time you call in the professionals and have it maintained.
Call NMB HVAC Pros if you need expert help in installing, repairing, or maintaining your HVAC unit.
NMB HVAC Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC, 29582